- Leaks from the meter to the house are the responsibility of the customer.
- Pleasant View Utility is not responsible for service lines.
- If a leak has occurred the customer may request an adjustment to their bill as per the leak adjustment policy.
- The customer must submit an official leak adjustment request form to the District office.
- Water loss from a leak must result in a monthly water bill for which an adjustment is requested of at least five (5) times the average of the customer’s six (6) preceding monthly water bills.
- The leak must have been concealed and not readily detectable by a reasonable person such as a leak in an underground water service line between the meter and the exterior of a building.
- The customer must submit proof to the District that the leak has been located and repaired.
- A leak must be repaired within 30 days of the due date of the bill which shows the customer has a water leak.
- When a customer is notified of a leak by the District, the leak must be repaired within 30 days of receiving such notice.
- An adjustment to a customer’s sewer bill will be made when the amount of water used to fill a swimming pool exceeds 5,000 gallons.
- Only one adjustment will be given per year for filling of a swimming pool.
- No adjustment will be made to the water portion of a customer’s bill for the filling of a swimming pool.
- All water & sewer adjustments in excess of $500 must be brought to the District’s Board of Commissioners for consideration at the Board’s next regularly scheduled meeting.
Leak Request Form
Leak Adj Policy